Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Remembering Memorial Day



I found my dad's diary up in an attic after he died.  He was eighteen years old and was getting ready for his life, when it was interrupted by WWII. Instead of going to college, he headed off to war. He was proud to serve his country, but it was a sacrifice that many take for granted. He was the fortunate one to come home. As I read about the Invasion of France, and the monster called Hitler, the hair on my neck raises us. I cannot imagine what he and all the soldiers went through. Especially the ones who did not come back or came back mangled and changed for life. So today, please thank GOD and all the soldiers who serve and who serve today to protect our FREEDOM. 


 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Farm House in Appalachia Mountains

How can a region so rich in natural resources be so poor? There are no factories on the mountainsides, no crops to plant and no jobs. Rows o...