Friday, January 1, 2021

Excerpt from my book Journey Through North Carolina (written by Rebecca Jones)

 

Page 51

Sugar Mountain

“The chairlift took them, two at a time, to the top. Skis were dangling from the air. The excitement of boys from Scout Troop 109 were in the air. Marla and I were the only women chaperones that day. We talked of raising boys to be good Christian men, and we talked of life and love and hobbies and deeper things. How little did we know that her body was full of cancer and later I would be attending her funeral instead of sitting by the fire at the ski lodge drinking flavored coffee and talking about our sons.”

 

I was only in my 30’s when this happened. I learned at an early age to cherish the people around me and to not take them for granted as God may take them “home” at any moment. Cherish the times you have because when they are gone, you cannot get them back.



No comments:

Post a Comment

May 14 2024 Time to Board the Ship!

  If your ship doesn’t come in, swim out to it! How long are you going to wait for the perfect opportunity? How long will you wait for your ...