Friday, March 5, 2021

Excerpt from my book Journey Through North Carolina (written by Rebecca Jones)

 

Page 7

(At Salter Path in November) “The clouds exploded with rain. I opened my umbrella and the wind flipped it inside out. A bolt of lightning flashed the sky. A mix of terror and exhilaration seized me. The ‘show’ up in the sky was like a full-scale musical. I felt like I was at a performance. For me, my life, its sunny days and its stormy ones, too, is worth the price of admission.”

 

***************************************************************

I have found in my life that not all storms come to disrupt my life; some come to clear my path. When I was laid off a job that I had spent 22 years of my life, I was devastated. But God was clearing my path to move here to Beaufort and to start something new. And once the storm is over you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, in fact, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm you won’t be the same person who walked in.




No comments:

Post a Comment

May 14 2024 Time to Board the Ship!

  If your ship doesn’t come in, swim out to it! How long are you going to wait for the perfect opportunity? How long will you wait for your ...